Hello, I'm Mary. Welcome to my blog. Fringe, Polivia and ANNA TORV have taken over my life! If that's not what you're looking for, you're probably in the wrong place - but you are welcome to stay anyway.
IT’S HERE. IT’S HEEEEERE. IT’S HERE.
Oh, sorry - I just really fucking love this episode. Definitely in my top 20, probably in my top 15 if I took the time to actually count (…which I totally just did, who am I kidding?)
Let’s start with a Peter Bishop classic…
- Remember folks - this was the episode after the winter hiatus… Olivia is MISSING!
- Broyles even recommends contacting AAA - “I don’t care what acronym you use.”
It is convenient that he gives Olivia water in a glass beaker, although I’m sure she would’ve figured something out even if he hadn’t.
- When this aired, I just remember going “DAMMMMMMN” when Olivia started beating the shit out of her kidnappers. We hadn’t really seen her do anything like this before, but she’s a fucking BAMF in this episode.
She’s also really damn smart. She took the samples and hid them just in case she got caught again… and damn, those people had lost of slugs in jugs (heehee) - how many people were they planning on poisoning?
- I hate Sanford Harris more than John Scott, but less than Windmark. #johnscotthateblog2014 #sharrishateblog2014 #windmarkisthefuckingworst
- I hate Sanford Harris talking about John Scott the most though.
- *Quick recap of season to date for new viewers*
- …on that note, could you imagine this being your first Fringe ep?
SANFORD HARRIS YOU ARE THE WORST
- Okay, so let me get this straight. Charlie knows about Olivia’s stepfather and why she hates her birthday, but doesn’t know who Rachel is???
- OMG ELLA IS THE CUTEST THING ON THE PLANET… It sorta balances out the terribleness of Harris
- You’re so freaking cute - why weren’t you in the whole series?
- Okay, maybe just maybe, they could give Olivia a day off… just sayin’
- I like how Olivia just shows up to meet the Bishops and all Walter says is “You’re like a question machine.” Not - how’s your obviously injured face feel?
- If I ever have to perform CPR on a person, I really hope I don’t start thinking of this scene where the slug comes out of his mouth…
That’s a really long opening. The acting credits are just now coming across the screen…
- I could listen to John Noble excitedly talk about rare diseases all episode - it’d be like a really intense, crazy version of Bill Nye
- GIANT SLUG ON THE LOOSE!
Broyles, how could you ever have been friends with Harris? BAD FRIENDING CHOICES. Thanks for sticking up for our girl though.
Harris, you’re the worst.
- Olivia likes to talk with her hands, lol
She mentions that the slug is genetically similar to the samples she found while abducted. Now I know she was a little busy at the time, but with her super-duper memory did she not notice all the slug jugs on the shelf next to the samples???
Meanwhile, Charlie gets to go with Olivia and Mitchell Loeb is still an asshat.
- Olivia to Harris: ”Let me ask you a question… Not that I don’t enjoy having you here, but how long are you planning on sticking around?”
- Another slug friend. Still super gross.
- Question - aren’t there usually cameras in interrogation rooms? Couldn’t they just look at the footage and see that it was Loeb?
- Is Olivia cooking? That’s the first and last time that ever happens.
- Why didn’t Ella (and Rachel) stay forever???
Dude, Mitchell. You are an FBI agent. Don’t wear the same shoes you wore while kidnapping another FBI agent. Stupid.
- Hey Charlie, let’s do something a little illegal to nail that asshat, Mitchell Loeb. I don’t have evidence yet, but I’m super awesome at my job so trust me. Charlie: Okay sounds good.
- Oh hey, Samantha - let’s pretend I wasn’t just trying to break into your house…
This standoff between Olivia and Mitchell’s wife is so brilliantly written and directed.
- Mitchell really is stupid. If you’re a double agent, maybe you shouldn’t so obviously hide the evidence in your desk drawer.
- Olivia’s face takes quite the beating in this episode. How do you not have a concussion yet?
- The Polivia in this episode is so cute :)
- I really tried to find a GIF of Olivia pistol-whipping Mitchell Loeb, but I was unfortunately unsuccessful
Why is Sanford Harris still here?
- Olivia interrogated her ass off… or something
We shall end with Walter-the-Shipper & an adorable Olivia & Ella.